Below Freezing Rule

When I finished my professional development today (on Oppositional Defiance Disorder - it was actually quite interesting despite my post yesterday), it was 26 degrees outside. I knew it would be cold this afternoon as my thermostat read 19 on my drive in to work, but I was not prepared to feel so chilled as I walked to my car. In the 15 minutes or so it took to drive home, I had created a new rule of running: do not run if it is below freezing. Although tonight I feel guilty as heck for not being able to check my workout off my training calendar, I feel equally satisfied with the new rule, and may perhaps add more rules to the list later. You see, I still do not consider myself a runner, and running outside in 26 degree weather is something only a "real" runner would do. As a beginning runner, I have decided that it is better for me to stay inside where it is (supposed to be) warm. Maybe one day I will own a treadmill or my blood will thicken up (not sure how long that will take) and I will tweak the rule a bit - but for right now, it is perfect.

Comments

  1. I think that is a perfectly reasonable rule. I also would like to offer my assistance in helping you create new rules for future runs! I'm really GOOD that that! (this said with a nearly empty Ben & Jerry's pint next to me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, what is Oppositional Defiance? I mean, what was that about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - ODD is when a kid walks into your class and greets you with a big "F - you" every day for at least 6 months... or throws something at you, or is otherwise argumentative or openly defiant. Unfortunately, Tyler knows all about kids like this...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment