
While I did not hear this news from my sister, a very reliable source (thanks, Mom) told me today that Miss Emma went to the doctor this week. She has had a terrible cough for some time and Katie decided to get it checked out. (She is fine.) Rumor has it that when asked if Emma would ever grow any teeth, the doctor replied, "She could be walking before they come in!" I just have the funniest visual of this child walking around the house like a Granny with no teeth!
Anyway, on Saint Patrick's day Emma turned 8 months old. Mom and Katie both say she is crawling like a maniac - as I spoke to Katie a couple days ago I could even hear her banging (child-proof) cabinet doors! Mom said that she follows Katie around like a puppy. I wish I could see it! I've asked Katie to catch her in action on the video camera or maybe even to Skype me so I can watch live. I just can't believe my little niece is already such a big girl! (Notice the sign... Katie has made one every month. Emma is 20 pounds and 28 inches now!)
She is adorable...lucky aunt! I foresee many years of getting to know each other and sharing in all her firsts. Moms can wax and wane in a kid's esteem but Aunts are awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh she's just so round and cute!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for the sign--wish I'd known about that. My daughter got her teeth and walked all within a week--and she was 18 months old.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/
What a cutie pie, teeth or no teeth!
ReplyDeleteKids are funny creatures-- whatever they are "behind in" in one area, they are "ahead in" in another area. The only normal is that there is no normal, it seems! (My kiddo didn't crawl until 11 months, but her teeth began coming in at 4 months. She walked "on time", though so go figure!)
She looks like a little irish girl alright. She's a cutie. Hope she gets over that cough soon.
ReplyDelete