This morning I went for a run with Tyler and our new running friends. We did just over 5 miles (my goal was 6) and it felt like death. I think I'll have nightmares of hills tonight. Although I don't feel that beginning to run is easy for anyone, I think I have more to contend with than most. For example:

Now I am sitting here writing this as a way to procrastinate writing sub plans for tomorrow. At some point I'll have to drive the 20-25 minutes over to school to get things ready... I have a ton of stuff to grade as well, but I am thinking that can get done tomorrow morning before I head to Dartmouth for a visit to the Allergy-Asthma specialist. Believe me, I plan to ask him for other alternatives to wearing that crazy thing above while I am running! Perhaps praying for warmer weather might work?
- I am not (yet) in very good cardiovascular shape. (Okay, this is probably true of all beginning runners.)
- My asthma is triggered by the cold and I live in Vermont.
- My asthma is triggered by exertion, i.e. running up hills when I am not in shape.

Now I am sitting here writing this as a way to procrastinate writing sub plans for tomorrow. At some point I'll have to drive the 20-25 minutes over to school to get things ready... I have a ton of stuff to grade as well, but I am thinking that can get done tomorrow morning before I head to Dartmouth for a visit to the Allergy-Asthma specialist. Believe me, I plan to ask him for other alternatives to wearing that crazy thing above while I am running! Perhaps praying for warmer weather might work?
I cam across your blog through Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life-- I'm orignially from VT too! Good luck running in the cold!!!
ReplyDeleteJust wait- we're expecting 60's and 70's by Thursday- and sun!!!! It will feel so liberating to run in a t-shirt!
ReplyDelete