Home Sweet Home!

I am writing this from the comfort of my very own bed with little Freddy sitting next to me - yay! This morning the doctors did another check and decided that since I have not progressed any further, and since I could basically sit in bed at home just as easily, I could go home. We were discharged right before noon and Tyler and I went straight to Chili's for some take-out fajitas for lunch (delicious!). We stopped by Matty's apartment to eat, visit, shuffle around stuff that he loaned us, and pick up the chair for the nursery from Susie and Dennis.

I am on strict bed rest orders for the remainder of the pregnancy in hopes that Baby A will continue to stay in and grow. This means that I can get up for the bathroom but that's it - fun, right? Since we have been home Tyler has been working around the house trying to get things done (and I am sure enjoying every minute of being out of the hospital!) while I napped. It's crazy how 4 days of laying in bed can make you sleepy.

While my hospital stay was brief we had lots of phone calls, lots of visitors, lots of helpers at home and tons of positive thoughts and prayers sent our way. Thank you to everyone who made this experience so much more doable. The nurses and doctors at Dartmouth were also all amazing too and I have come to have a TON of admiration for what they do.

Now it's time to sit back and bake a while!

Comments

  1. So glad to hear you are home, Aimee! I was not surprised to hear that the doctor ordered you on bed rest. So glad you get to see Fred again and be comfortable in your own home.

    We have thought of you constantly and send our prayers and thoughts your way!

    Aunt Lisa, Uncle Dan, and Grammie Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been checking your blog for the last few days (don't do facebook), so was so glad to hear from you, and that you are home!! Bed rest is tough (been there, done that) but follow those doctor's orders -- you will be glad you did. Jacob came only 6 days early as opposed to 2 months early, and he was a healthy 8 lbs. 2 oz. I remember thinking I could write a book about the "101 things you can do while on bed rest" (so let me know if you need any tips). Once in a while, I think back on the days I was wanting to scream while lying in that recylner (and believe me I did let out a few whoops) and I think what I wouldn't do to have just one of those days now! So rest, relax, enjoy the "dog days of summer" with your doggy by your side - much nicer at home than in the hospital (that is what my doctor kept reminding me) - the only time I went out was for dr. appts.
    Stay well Aimee, Tyler, and baby A.
    We will keep praying for you!
    Love, Mary and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you are home and that all is going well. The bed rest must be frustrating, but just imagine, when Baby is born, she'll have you on your toes night and day!

    Fred must be thrilled to see you.

    Thinking of you.

    DArlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Mary, I (Jeanne) don't do the facebook thing and was glad to have an update on the blog. Aimee, I'm looking forward to visiting when you're ready to help you pass the time. I'm not sure when I will be able to drive. I see the doctor on Friday for follow up appt. after last weeks foot surgery. Ditto what Mary said about following those bedrest orders. Each day in the oven is so important for Baby A. So glad you are back home with Fred looking out for you! Love, Jeanne & Family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment