"The Basics of Beekeeping" at Hobby Farms magazine
BeeSource.com
Honey.com
Bee Commerce
Bee Master
Vermont Beekeeper's Association
Fred, Thanksgiving 2008
Yesterday I took Fred to get his annual vaccines. My old vet had sent a reminder in December, but when I asked about the cost they told me it would be around $300 for his appointment! I couldn't believe how expensive that was so I called around to some other local vet offices only to discover that they were right up there in price. Mom told me that in Florida they offer low-cost vaccinations at her feed store (and various other places in Brevard) and then she helped me locate PAWS Atlanta on the Internet. I called and made an appointment, and for $70 Fred got all of his shots and a heart worm test! I was also able to purchase a 6-month supply of his flea and tick medicine and his heart worm medicine for $98 - just cheaper than the vets office or online (with shipping). PAWS is a no-kill animal shelter in Decatur. They do low-cost vaccinations, micro-chipping and spay/neuter services. Unfortunately, because of the bad economy they have been flooded with calls from people trying to get rid of their pets; they said they have received over 50 calls a day! You can donate money, food or time... Or adopt a pet from them! You can read more here.

Last night on the local news the weather guy reported that by Friday Atlanta's high was going to be in the teens! (Some sort of crazy cold weather weather system.) I was curious about the weather in Vermont in comparison: would it be colder here then there? Or about the same? My new favorite weather site is Underground Weather so I checked both Atlanta and Derby temperatures for the week. Of course, Derby is freezing us out by a long shot. Check out these predictions:
........................Atlanta, GA ..........Derby, VT
Wednesday ...43/27 .....................2/-13
Thursday ......36/14 ...................-6/-21
Friday ...........31/14 ....................0/-8
I am not sure what planet my weather guy is living on.
I found this poem on City-Data:
Comments
Post a Comment