I am multi-tasking today: watching Obama's Inauguration on CNN, grading papers, planning lessons, teaching my babies and drooling over these Red Velvet Cupcakes. I am so making these this week!

I gave my kids what I think is a cool assignment today; I am calling it the "44 Word Challenge" and I actually adapted the idea from a blog I read yesterday. Basically my kids have to write, in exactly 44 words, what Obama's Inauguration means to them, to the US, to the world. They can also write what they would like to see him accomplish in the next four years. After I read them all I'll post some of the good ones. (My Republican students are struggling with this assignment!)
Today is such an exiting day for our country! I am very thankful that my principal REQUIRED all teachers to turn on CNN so that the students could watch the events unfold. I am looking forward to hearing Obama's speech... I hope it lives up to everyone's high expectations!
PS... the Obama daughters look so cute today!

Comments
Post a Comment