Again!

Just a quick update:

Spencer and I won our doubles match on Sunday, 6-2, 6-4. I couldn't have asked for better weather, low 60s and sunny. I actually wore a tennis skirt and sleeveless top and was hot! I had not planned on playing Winter Mixed this season, and wasn't on the roster until Friday night when my old team was short a player. Because I agreed to play I had to bail on the hike at Sweetwater Creek Sunday morning. I had hoped to do both but the hike organizer never got back to me on what time we'd be finished. Anyway, tennis was fun and I enjoyed seeing all of my old neighbors.

Today I came home from work and Fred had knocked over the trash again. Mind you, the can has a locking top, but he just pushes the whole thing over to get inside. I had to come home for lunch today (Fred made me late to work and I had no lunch) so I stopped at Chick-fil-A. I guess the smell of leftover chicken sandwich and waffle fries was more than little Fred could take so he knocked the trash over and ate my leftovers. It wasn't too messy - but I'm going to have to take the trash out every morning now.

This weekend I am supposed to do a 10-12 mile hike at Lookout Mountain in Tennessee. The hike organizer just emailed to say that it will be a 2.5 hour drive up there... we are to meet between 8:30 and 9AM and will be done between 4-5PM. This means I won't be home until 6:30-7:30PM! I may have to cancel on this one now too because I don't have anyone to watch Fred all day... what a bummer. I am going to look into taking him to daycare - but that will depend on how early I can drop him off and how late I can pick him up. I swear having a dog is like having a kid!

I feel like I have gotten a lot of my "To-Do List" completed the past few days:
Taxes
Car Cleaned
House Cleaned
Groceries
Gilder Lehrman Summer Seminar Application
VT Teaching License
SchoolSpring Profile (by the way, this one has been the biggest pain - worse than taxes!)
Organized all kinds of stuff
Graded tests, written lesson plans, "trained" student-teacher
Katie's Baby Shower Date Set - May 9th!

Even with all of this, there is still so much more for me to get done! I feel like the list is never-ending... Tyler will be here in a couple weeks and by then I'll be ready for a vacation! I've been brainstorming things for us to do in Atlanta. Although I've been here almost 5 years there is a lot I haven't seen... so I am making yet another list!

Off to bed!

Comments