It tastes like summer...

Weather.com says its 65 degrees outside right now, but I swear it feels like summer! Fred and I did the Chastain Loop which is about 4 miles from my door and back. At the park, we saw a ton of golfers enjoying the sun, the softball fields were flooded with little girls trying out (and the moms looking like they just stepped out of the spring J.Crew catalog), the playground was a swamp of children (and dogs - which I thought was a bad combo) running around, and the green space was covered in couples picnicking! There were so many people out on the trail too: running and walking and some just enjoying the park swings that are all over the trail.

As we made our way back home I thought, "It's nice enough to lay out at the pool!" So it was not terribly surprising when we passed the pool at the front of my complex and discovered a man working on his tan! I didn't have the courage to ask if I could take his picture as proof, but it cracked me up.

This morning I did some lesson planning, and decided to put my love of all things internet/blog-related to professional use. Thus I created "Learning is Fun," a (temporary) cheesy name for my classroom blog. I was planning the unit on African governments which starts with a pre-test followed by a PowerPoint review. Because some of the kids are not going to need as much review as others I thought it would be nice to put the review online so that they could view it at their own pace. I googled my idea and sure enough, I found this cool website that does it for you. Next the kids will be doing some research on CIA World Factbook... as I was putting the lesson together it occurred to me that I could create a blog for all of the links we use in class, all of the information for the Stock Market Game (which starts this week), cool websites that the kids might enjoy, and current events. Not all of my kids have access to the Internet at home, but most do... Anyway, I am very excited to test it out on Monday! (And to see which of my kids comes up with the best new name!)

BTW, I started knitting! I only have about 10 rows done, but I am getting better with each one! I'll add some pictures later!

Comments