At 5:15AM this morning an angel by the name of Jen called to me (via cell phone, of course). She said, "Aimee - stay in bed today... there will not be school." God bless you, I responded, before texting Tyler with my great news and then falling back to sleep. I have never been so delighted to have a day off! Fulton County decided around 5AM to cancel school because of the frozen roads. In Atlanta, people cannot drive when it's dry. When you add snow and ice to the mix, people crash their cars all over the city.
I started my beautiful day off with a wake-up phone call from Tyler around 8:30AM - this was far superior to being woken by an alarm clock. Afterwards, I continued reading The Great Gatsby (as part of The Big Read sponsored by the Atlanta History Center and Margaret Mitchell House) in bed. I got up and ran a couple errands and then had a wonderful lunch at Five Guys Burgers with my neighbor, Stacy, before heading over to the movie theater to watch He's Just Not That Into You. (I didn't have high expectations for this movie, but it turned out to be really very funny.) Fred and I enjoyed a couple of short walks and now I am making dinner (well, I am cooking a frozen pizza).
Tyler and I were talking about our Top 10 favorite movies. It was difficult for me to quickly come up with my favorite 10 - mostly because I love so many chick flicks it's hard to choose from amongst them! It seemed to be an easier task for Ty - he loves old movies and can easily list off numerous favorites! So my goal is to come up with a list by the end of this week... I figure if I put that goal in writing for everyone to see then I will have to come up with a good list!
I started my beautiful day off with a wake-up phone call from Tyler around 8:30AM - this was far superior to being woken by an alarm clock. Afterwards, I continued reading The Great Gatsby (as part of The Big Read sponsored by the Atlanta History Center and Margaret Mitchell House) in bed. I got up and ran a couple errands and then had a wonderful lunch at Five Guys Burgers with my neighbor, Stacy, before heading over to the movie theater to watch He's Just Not That Into You. (I didn't have high expectations for this movie, but it turned out to be really very funny.) Fred and I enjoyed a couple of short walks and now I am making dinner (well, I am cooking a frozen pizza).
Tyler and I were talking about our Top 10 favorite movies. It was difficult for me to quickly come up with my favorite 10 - mostly because I love so many chick flicks it's hard to choose from amongst them! It seemed to be an easier task for Ty - he loves old movies and can easily list off numerous favorites! So my goal is to come up with a list by the end of this week... I figure if I put that goal in writing for everyone to see then I will have to come up with a good list!
Comments
Post a Comment