
It posted yesterday:
Brighton Elementary School, Island Pond
MIDDLE GRADES ENGLISH-LANGUAGE ARTS/SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER
Brighton is a little K-8 school in Island Pond, VT. The school has about 150 students and a classroom teacher to student ratio of 8:1. It also feeds into Tyler's high school. On the Chamber of Commerce website you can find such things as:
Will it be -40 degrees today? (Nope, 52 today!)
Pictures of the town (I like the picture of the town in winter, above)
I applied last night and received an email that someone had at least looked at my application at 11:41AM today. I've applied for two other positions that are not ideal - one is over an hour away from Ty and the other is two hours away. No one has looked at those yet though. This is the best one yet... fingers crossed!
That's great. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. That's nice that they got back to you so soon.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to your previous post, wow. That's a lot of money. I wonder why there's such a difference from state to state.
I know, isn't Vermont ridiculous when it comes to teacher licensure fees? We get to pay (a lot!) of money just to practice our profession. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteIsland Pond is a beautiful town, they have a huge event on opening day of moose hunting season. That will make for some humorous blogs to your city friends...Haha!
Might you be able to interview this week while you're in Vermont? It's worth a call to ask...I'll be that small schools and school districts have very procedures than the big-city ones you have contended with up until now. They might be quite accomodating...
Have a safe flight. Hopefully, we'll get to see you during this trip if we can overcome the Black Death.