Out of School a Week Early!

We had a mandatory faculty meeting after school today re: "the end of the year." My principal delivered the best news ever! Because our builders need the entire week of post-planning to work on the new building, we can not come to school that week. Instead, we have the option of working a few Saturdays in May or staying after school a couple hours each week to "make-up" the time. As if teachers don't already live in their classrooms. We have two days of post-planning + one snow day to make up = 24 hours total. I'll probably bring Fred with me on a Saturday to pack up my classroom and make up the rest after school. This is very exciting news as it means I can get to Vermont early!

On a completely random note, one of my kids is from Mexico (actually, many of them are from Mexico, but whatever...) and he went home over break to visit his grandmother. He came back with several containers of salted, dried grasshoppers! Of course the entire class of 7th graders wanted me to eat one, but I refused. (I later found out my friend/co-worker Nancy ate one and said it tasted like a sunflower seed!) I asked him to eat one thinking that it would amuse me... and it did! A few of the other kids grabbed one and ate along with him. Yummy. Good times today!

Comments