Katie's baby shower was this weekend at her house in Rockledge. It was supposed to be a very cutesy tea-party, but Katie woke up Saturday morning to a broken air conditioner and that threw a wrench in our plans! Not only was it 96 degrees outside, but there was a brush fire burning behind her house! We decided to scratch the hot tea and went with iced tea and lemonade instead... Katie couldn't breathe because of her pregnancy and I couldn't breathe because of my asthma... oh what fun! So as you look at all of the pictures, just remember that there is a reason we look drippy. Katie said it was the party favor: everyone got to drop 2 pounds!
Marcus holding his God-Daughter, Brianna
Jasmine insisted on "reading" the cards to us all!
Katie had 2 surprise guests: Lianne and MaryEllen! We were both so excited to see them. Lianne lives in Boston now with her husband; next time I see her will be at her first triathlon in Vermont!
Fred and Brianna loved each other
Marcus was a trooper and stayed for the shower to wait for the A/C repairman (who never showed - Marcus fixed it with the help of a neighbor later that night!)
Devonae cools off. Yes, it was THAT hot!
Me and Grandma Alice
Katie and Grandma Alice
Me and Cousin Kim - trying to be the same height (I was about 6'2" in the shoes I was wearing!)
Aunt Sue, Katie and Cousin Kim
Mom, Katie, Me
After the shower, Katie and I took Mom to dinner for Mother's day... she really loved the Kindle that we (Eric, too!) bought her for Mother's Day... I can't wait to find out what book she downloads first!
Comments
Post a Comment