Bigger Baby Birds

I was afraid that over the weekend they would grow up and fly away - but to my surprise they stayed put. Anyway, there are three of them trying to snuggle into the nest... they still aren't very cute, maybe sorta ugly-cute??? Anyway, I am enjoying them!

And I just like these flowers... I think this picture looks like it was taken underwater... like sea urchins? They are really growing under the stop sign at the corner of my building!
I have 8 days of school left - and I only have to teach one more day, really. Tomorrow my 8th graders take their final exam, then we watch Remember the Titans Thursday and Friday. My 7th graders are wrapping up the year this week as well. This Friday I have the privilege of chaperoning the 8th grade dance... it's always fun to see the kids all dressed up. This particular class of kids has decided that they must all have dates - very amusing. Typically they just attend with their friends...
Next week we have school-wide Olympics. Imagine a week straight of games - half outside on the track, half inside the gym. Normally we would watch a movie or play Guitar Hero during our downtime between events - but because of construction they are taking our TV's this week leaving us with nothing for the kids. My entire classroom is currently in my living room - so I don't even have board games for them! Should be an interesting week!

Comments