Birthday!

From Move to Vermont Part1

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday and I was so happy to spend it here with Tyler. He surprised me by taking the day off of work to hang out before we headed to his kids' track meet in St. Johnsbury. Tyler made me a breakfast of blueberry pancakes to enjoy before my trip to the DMV to register my car and get my driver's license. I also stopped by Derby to register Fred... when I got home we went for a 7.2 mile bike ride around Tyler's house. He bought me an awesome bike for my birthday - such a fantastic gift! (I also got a helmet - thanks to Susie, a Vermont hiking guidebook, and Tyler wrapped up my sister's gift of a down coat for next winter!) The ride was fun but I learned that I should:
  1. Always carry my inhaler because you never know how far Tyler is going to take you!
  2. Bring water for the same reason as above.
  3. Wear sunglasses to keep the bugs out of my eyes!

From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1

After the bike ride we went down for the track meet. It was long but a lot of fun to watch. Plus, I got to meet many of Tyler's kids who thought it was hilarious when I accidentally called him "Babe" in front of them! On the way to dinner we saw two moose hanging out behind a car dealership. Since I had never seen a moose I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at - but Tyler pulled over so that I could get some up close pictures.

After moose watching we went to dinner which was an experience in itself. Ty wanted to take me to the Miss Lyndonville Diner, but they close at 8 and it was 8:05. We traveled down the road a bit to another restaurant but it closed at 5:30. I am not kidding. He called some friends of his who live in the area to get a recommendation for a restaurant nearby that stayed open past 8 - we ended up at the Outback Pub which was perfect. Who'd a known that restaurants closed so early!


From Move to Vermont Part1

From Move to Vermont Part1
Today Tyler went to work but I am making cupcakes for dinner with Tom and Donna tonight! They smell delicious!

Comments

  1. Hi, Aimee. Welcome to Vermont and Happy Birthday (belated). I'm glad you liked your bike. It was still at Earl's the day we came for Matt's grad party so I didn;t see it in person, but it kind of looks like mine!
    I enjoyed looking at all the pictures you put on your Picassa, as you traveled up North.
    What an intro to Vt- to be blessed with a moose sighting! So cool. Terrible wetaher for your first full week, but that too will pass.
    Bummer about the Miss L Diner, but Ed & I love the Pub Outback- we've been there a couple of times and it's always been "just right!"
    See you for Father's Day breakfast, if not sooner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you were in Vermont yet. I couldn't remember exactly when you were moving. It looks like you've been very busy!

    Vermont is a great place for riding a bike. Lots of old roads to explore. What a nice gift. Nice going Tyler.

    Fred looks like he loves Vermont. Can't wait to meet him. Heather LOVES dogs. She will gobble him up. We'll have to have you guys over for some burgers on the grill one of these days. Or if you're looking for something to do some day while Tyler is at school, you could brave your way to Glover.

    Happy Birthday! 32 is so young.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment