This week I got a lot of last minute things done: breaks and alignment for my car, an eye exam and new glasses for me (I determined that this could be the source of my never-ending headaches), and some flea/tick and heartworm meds for Fred. My sister also directed my attention to the winter sale at Land's End where I purchased a couple things for next winter. (She bought me an awesome long down-coat for my birthday - although my birthday isn't for a week or so Katie said she needed my help deciding which coat to buy... so it's like an early birthday present!)
My classroom is all packed up and sitting in my living room right now. Today I am going to run up to school to get my director's chair and my desk chair - and then there will be nothing left!
| From Moving |
| From Moving |
My plan for the weekend is to continue packing up things around the house so that when Tyler and I come back in August it won't take as long to load up the U-Haul. I've gotten almost all the "breakable" stuff packed already - the rest will take no time to pack up. I've also started my pile of stuff for the drive up next week. I find myself adding to it as I look around the house. For example, I decided last week that I can't spend the summer without my ice cream maker and my waffle iron! So I've got to find room in my car for them! The stuff in the picture below includes Fred's bag-o-goodies, a box of extremely breakable things that can not go into a U-Haul, my tennis gear and my hiking gear.
| From Moving |
After bringing home my chairs I am meeting my most favorite co-worker Nancy for lunch and make-up shopping. It occurred to me that it may be difficult to get my favorite make-up products in the NEK. (I searched online and discovered a MAC counter in Burlington, but the nearest Bobbi Brown counter is in Montreal...) I can always order online but then I can't test out stuff, which is the whole reason I like buying make-up at these stores and not over-the-counter!
Grades were due yesterday at school so I have nothing left to plan or grade... we have our Honor Assemblies Monday, the Olympic Opening Ceremony and 8th Grade Picnic on Tuesday, and Olympic games Wednesday-Friday. Wednesday after school Nancy, Jen and Pat want to go out for one last Happy Hour to "celebrate" my move. I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time crying this week. I've asked some of my favorite former students to stop by this week so that I can say good-bye... there is one group of kids that I taught in 6th, 7th and 8th grade and I guess I thought I'd be around to watch them graduate... I'm a little sad now that that isn't going to happen. (Although I suppose I could always fly down for it in 3 years - I did it last summer for the kids I taught in Melbourne, FL!)
Okay - I must get busy now or I'll end up spending the day just writing about all the things I need to do!
Oh my God. I'm tired just reading all that. I'd go take a nap, but we're off to Matt's party.
ReplyDeleteIn the previous post - the 8th graders are so cute.
I only met you once in person, briefly, but I didn't realize you were so tall! Tyler is going have to put some lifts in his hunting boots!
Hahaha! I am really not THAT tall - but I was wearing shoes at the dance that make me 6'2"!
ReplyDelete