Move to Vermont

Well, I am here! Friday was the last day of school... my kids did great in the Olympics - 3rd place - and I got to see one of my graduating seniors at the end of the day. (Her name is also Aimee!) She called up another of my "original" Atlanta kids, Julia, so that I could say hello before leaving town. Because of poor planning on my part I missed their graduation ceremony - but am writing a sorority recommendation for Julia at UGA for the fall! It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be to say goodbye to everyone; I know that I'll keep in touch with all of my Atlanta friends and I hope that they come visit one day.

Friday night I was so excited to get going that I was afraid I would never sleep. My neighbor, Stacy, and I went to dinner and then I surveyed what was left to be packed into my car. I had so much stuff that I couldn't get it all in! I re-sorted my clothes and put some back in the closet for the August move. It took me not even an hour to load up - mostly because I had started on Wednesday night.

I actually did sleep for a few hours but was up at 4:40AM and ready to hit the road. It was a process getting the last of my things situated in the front seat with Fred, but we were on the road by 5:15!
From Move to Vermont Part1

Lots of stuff to fit in the backseat...

From Move to Vermont Part1

Here we go!

Fred and I drove for 11 hours on Saturday. We stopped quite a bit for walks, food and gas but I still think we made really good time. I stayed at a Hampton Inn near Carlisle, PA and had Red Lobster for dinner... I really didn't want more fast food - not that I LOVE Red Lobster or anything. I got to hear all about the Riverwood graduation ceremony from Nancy Saturday night before crashing. Here are pictures along the way... yes, I took them while driving but I just held up the camera and snapped which is why they aren't great:

From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1
My co-pilot. He was such a good dog!

From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1
Leaving the South!

From Move to Vermont Part1


From Move to Vermont Part1

Fred enjoys the Hampton Inn's feather pillows.

Sunday morning we were on the road by 6:30AM. We drove about 9 hours and got to Dennis and Susie's house around 3:30. Tyler and Dennis were home but everyone else was still at the marathon...

From Move to Vermont Part1

From Move to Vermont Part1

From Move to Vermont Part1



From Move to Vermont Part1

This may look like a well-groomed Florida golf course, but it's just a farm in Vermont!

From Move to Vermont Part1

We got stuck behind a tractor...

From Move to Vermont Part1

But at least there was a sign to warn us!

After Matt, Susie and Matt's friend Alex returned from the marathon we spent some time relaxing on the patio - and Matt and Alex also enjoyed resting their legs in the pond! Sue and Dennis made a fantastic dinner for us, and then I had to shower and get to bed. I think the travelling definitely hit me Sunday night.

Comments