Thanks to a couple recommendations from Tyler's friends/co-workers I attended my first yoga class in Newport last night... and it was wonderful! I hadn't practiced in well over a year so it was definitely interesting trying to get my body into some of the poses! There were five of us in the class which met at The Meeting Place in downtown Newport, and the class only cost $4! What a deal! The instructor also does massage out of her home in Brownington (and in a salon/spa in Newport) - and an hour long massage is only $45 ($60 at the spa)! I booked one for Friday; after the track meet on Tuesday and the yoga last night my body needs it! While looking at the website for the salon/spa she works out of, I pulled up their prices for a haircut: women's shampoo, cut and blow dry starts at $25! No more $60 haircuts for me - I always knew that was a giant rip-off in Atlanta!
Today I was supposed to go visit my new school, but when I called to confirm this morning the principal invited me to come instead tomorrow when the kids are meeting their new teachers (which is funny since I am the new language arts/social studies teacher and they are in the process of hiring a new math/science teacher... so if I didn't come tomorrow, who exactly would the upcoming 7th and 8th grade students meet?). So I'll make the trek over there tomorrow before my massage! That also means that today I can sit outside and start reading the huge stack of reading/writing books that came in from Amazon.com yesterday. It is a stunning day today and I look forward to wasting time just relaxing in the grass... and perhaps catching another yoga class this afternoon.
Today I was supposed to go visit my new school, but when I called to confirm this morning the principal invited me to come instead tomorrow when the kids are meeting their new teachers (which is funny since I am the new language arts/social studies teacher and they are in the process of hiring a new math/science teacher... so if I didn't come tomorrow, who exactly would the upcoming 7th and 8th grade students meet?). So I'll make the trek over there tomorrow before my massage! That also means that today I can sit outside and start reading the huge stack of reading/writing books that came in from Amazon.com yesterday. It is a stunning day today and I look forward to wasting time just relaxing in the grass... and perhaps catching another yoga class this afternoon.
Don't worry, what you save on haircuts and massages you will spend on your heating bill and rust repair for you car.
ReplyDeleteLove, The Voice of Doom from France
Ahh! Now I remember life before kids.
ReplyDeleteOh to have a real haircut and go to the gym again!
Mmmm...yoga. It's been ages! Hope your day at school was fun!
ReplyDelete