School Visit

I visited my school Friday, and met 23 very cute, very sweet kids. I also discovered some interesting things:
  1. There are no textbooks for 7th or 8th grade language arts
  2. The textbook for 7th grade social studies was published in 1986
  3. The classroom novels are (according to the current teacher - I didn't have time to look over all of them) inappropriate for that grade level
  4. The media center looks like a cubicle of sorts, although the media specialist seemed amazing
  5. The computer lab looked like the one I had at Golfview Elementary circa 1986
  6. The drive was only 30 minutes from our apartment
  7. The current teacher told me that he gives the kids a 20 minute morning recess; I will not be continuing that practice!

I am working on figuring out the curriculum for both subjects now... it looks like I have a fun challenge ahead of me this summer!

Comments

  1. Like I said, there's no Target. Girl, you're in the Kingdom now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment