Just a bunch of pictures with commentary from the past 2 weeks... not sure what's up with the large spaces between pics; just scroll...

From Summer 2009
When Tyler came back from D.C. we had a big day of fishing in Island Pond... first we had lunch on this bridge...
Later, Tyler cooked up these Brook Trout for dinner... we caught more than this but put the smaller ones back...
Tyler's all ready for the Montpelier 4th of July Parade.
Cute, cute, cute!
It's funny how I am the one who looks out of place in this picture!
Here they come!
Followed by political protesters... I've never seen such a thing in an Independence Day parade!
And secessionists!
Lots of tractors in both the Montpelier parade and the Richmond parade...
I ran my first "race" with Tyler and Matt before the Richmond parade... it was a 1-miler almost all downhill. I got stuck behind some small children and strollers at the starting line, but ran a 7:51 mile! (Next time I will say no to Dennis' delicious omelet before a race!)
Tyler and I went to Lowell, MA for an Industrial Revolution workshop last week. We were there from Sunday to Friday and had a good time; I learned a lot of new stuff to bring back to the classroom this fall! This is the Swamp Lock Gate from the front...
... and from the back.
The weaving room at the Boott Mill
So fast!
A replica of what a mill would have looked like inside...
These are the stairs the mill girls used 4 times a day... some had to go up 5-6 flights!
Boott Mill...
Well, this turned out small but I'm too tired to fix it! A replica of Henry David Thoreau's house...
"Thoreau"
This is where they originally thought his cabin was located, right next to the actual site.
View of Walden Pond
I came back to the NEK after taking Tyler to the airport yesterday for his final summer course. He is at a Lincoln Institute in Springfield, IL. I gave him a list of things that my dad built there a few years back... I hope he has time to find them all!
Next week I am off to the Vermont Fish and Wildlife course for educators while Ty and Fred (and friends) go on a fishing trip... then it's down to Florida to hopefully meet my niece! Katie has a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed for more good news!
Comments
Post a Comment