The last time I posted my sister had just given birth to little Emma. Since then, Tyler and I have been busy with all kinds of adventures. I have so many pictures that I think I'll just post them with captions so that you get the idea of what we have been up to!
This was July 20 at the Vermont Fish and Wildlife course for teachers. I still have more to download later... I had a great time, learned a ton, and got to shoot a rifle and shotgun!
That is Gretchen Alexander with the clipboard. I didn't think to ask if she was related to Tyler because I didn't want to assume that every Alexander was related, but Cedric told me that next day that of course, she is!
While I was at Fish and Wildlife Camp, Tyler was on a fishing trip with his buddies and Fred.
Fred's favorite place to sleep.
They caught A LOT of fish!
When they were tired of catching so much fish they went on a hike...
They saw lots of interesting camps as they walked in the woods, and found this outhouse:
Tyler and Fred had a great time... and at least one of them was in desperate need of a bath! I also came home from camp on Friday; we had enough time to get caught up on our adventures before heading to Glover Day!
Glover Day was a lot of fun. It was the first time in my life that I have ever run 5.5 miles. I was proud of myself for finishing (I did a walk/run combo as I hadn't been training) but only came in 56th place with a time of 56:26. Now I have something to beat next year! After the race we hung out for a bit before heading to Shadow Lake to spend time with the Alexander clan. All 11 of Tyler's aunts and uncles were there! You can see pictures on Sandy's blog. We had to head home early because we had to pack for our trip to Florida the next day!
On Sunday morning (July 26), we packed up Fred and dropped him off with Susie and Matt who were so kind to watch after him while we were gone. Matt even took Fred hiking up Camel's Hump! I'll post those pictures when I get a hold of them. Matt dropped us off at the airport and a few hours later we were in Florida!
After mom picked us up from the airport we had a bbq lunch before going to Katie's to meet Emma. There are a lot of pics!
Marcus, Emma and their doberman, Skyla (who is very nice to the baby)
My turn!
Harvey thinks Emma is his baby...
On Monday (or maybe Tuesday???) we went kayaking in Merritt Island with my dad and my brother's girlfriend, Cinnamon. She used to give kayak tours on another part of the river, and my dad currently gives tours as a volunteer here for the zoo camp. We saw lots of manatees!
Dad and I comparing who has the skinniest legs. I think he won!
Before the kayak...
A manatee nose!
We also saw a lot of birds...
Very blue...
Dad and Cinnamon
Lots of conch - a good sign for the health of the river.
Horseshoe crab
Tyler did the work, I took the pics. :)
And then we had more baby time!
On Wednesday the 29th, we took Jasmine with us to St. Augustine! It was a super hot day but we had a great time.
First we stopped at Fort Matanzas where we hopped on a boat for a quick ride.
Jasmine had a great time talking to the soldier. I'm not sure he was as excited. I think here she was telling him that her nails were painted!
Pirate pose!
Next stop: Castillo de san Marcos
Here, Jasmine and Tyler are standing in front of the bathrooms... hahaha.
Inside the fort
More artillary!
On Thursday night, Grandpa and Alice invited us all to join them for dinner in Cocoa Beach. This was the first time Emma was meeting her great-grandparents!
She slept through dinner...
Alice with Emma, Grandpa and Katie
Mom, Dad, Alice, Emma, Grandpa and Katie
Add Marcus and Eric
And Tyler and Jasmine...
My turn...
Katie, Emma and Jasmine
4 generations of Benton!
The whole family...
So we left Florida on Friday morning and got stuck on the plane in a delay to Atlanta. Lucky for us, my good friend and former co-worker Nancy was still able and willing to fight traffic to pick us up. We had lunch at one of my favorite Mexican restaraunts before picking up the U-Haul.
Later my friend Jenni came by to meet Tyler and to say goodbye.
We ran out of tape and boxes around 9 Friday night and resorted to just throwing stuff into the truck as best we could. We were asleep around midnight and up at 6AM to finish loading. We were on the road, amazingly, by 8AM!
Starting our journey. Tyler was an excellent driver... he could definitely work for UPS if he wanted to!
We drove for 12+ hours on Saturday. This was a not-so-happy hour stuck in traffic. We stopped and stayed the night in West Virgina.
The next day we drove about another 12 hours in this. Did I mention what a great driver Tyler is???
We picked up Matty who helped us move everything into the apartment and into my classroom. Little did he know we would be asking him to help again on Halloween!
This gets us caught up to August 3rd! Whew!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
This was July 20 at the Vermont Fish and Wildlife course for teachers. I still have more to download later... I had a great time, learned a ton, and got to shoot a rifle and shotgun!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
That is Gretchen Alexander with the clipboard. I didn't think to ask if she was related to Tyler because I didn't want to assume that every Alexander was related, but Cedric told me that next day that of course, she is!
While I was at Fish and Wildlife Camp, Tyler was on a fishing trip with his buddies and Fred.
| From SummerPart2 |
Fred's favorite place to sleep.
| From SummerPart2 |
They caught A LOT of fish!
| From SummerPart2 |
When they were tired of catching so much fish they went on a hike...
They saw lots of interesting camps as they walked in the woods, and found this outhouse:
| From SummerPart2 |
Tyler and Fred had a great time... and at least one of them was in desperate need of a bath! I also came home from camp on Friday; we had enough time to get caught up on our adventures before heading to Glover Day!
Glover Day was a lot of fun. It was the first time in my life that I have ever run 5.5 miles. I was proud of myself for finishing (I did a walk/run combo as I hadn't been training) but only came in 56th place with a time of 56:26. Now I have something to beat next year! After the race we hung out for a bit before heading to Shadow Lake to spend time with the Alexander clan. All 11 of Tyler's aunts and uncles were there! You can see pictures on Sandy's blog. We had to head home early because we had to pack for our trip to Florida the next day!
On Sunday morning (July 26), we packed up Fred and dropped him off with Susie and Matt who were so kind to watch after him while we were gone. Matt even took Fred hiking up Camel's Hump! I'll post those pictures when I get a hold of them. Matt dropped us off at the airport and a few hours later we were in Florida!
After mom picked us up from the airport we had a bbq lunch before going to Katie's to meet Emma. There are a lot of pics!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Marcus, Emma and their doberman, Skyla (who is very nice to the baby)
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
My turn!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Harvey thinks Emma is his baby...
On Monday (or maybe Tuesday???) we went kayaking in Merritt Island with my dad and my brother's girlfriend, Cinnamon. She used to give kayak tours on another part of the river, and my dad currently gives tours as a volunteer here for the zoo camp. We saw lots of manatees!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Dad and I comparing who has the skinniest legs. I think he won!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Before the kayak...
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
A manatee nose!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
We also saw a lot of birds...
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Very blue...
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Dad and Cinnamon
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Lots of conch - a good sign for the health of the river.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Horseshoe crab
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Tyler did the work, I took the pics. :)
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
And then we had more baby time!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
On Wednesday the 29th, we took Jasmine with us to St. Augustine! It was a super hot day but we had a great time.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
First we stopped at Fort Matanzas where we hopped on a boat for a quick ride.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Jasmine had a great time talking to the soldier. I'm not sure he was as excited. I think here she was telling him that her nails were painted!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Pirate pose!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Next stop: Castillo de san Marcos
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Here, Jasmine and Tyler are standing in front of the bathrooms... hahaha.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Inside the fort
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
More artillary!
On Thursday night, Grandpa and Alice invited us all to join them for dinner in Cocoa Beach. This was the first time Emma was meeting her great-grandparents!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
She slept through dinner...
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Alice with Emma, Grandpa and Katie
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Mom, Dad, Alice, Emma, Grandpa and Katie
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Add Marcus and Eric
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
And Tyler and Jasmine...
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
My turn...
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Katie, Emma and Jasmine
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
4 generations of Benton!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
The whole family...
So we left Florida on Friday morning and got stuck on the plane in a delay to Atlanta. Lucky for us, my good friend and former co-worker Nancy was still able and willing to fight traffic to pick us up. We had lunch at one of my favorite Mexican restaraunts before picking up the U-Haul.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Later my friend Jenni came by to meet Tyler and to say goodbye.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
We ran out of tape and boxes around 9 Friday night and resorted to just throwing stuff into the truck as best we could. We were asleep around midnight and up at 6AM to finish loading. We were on the road, amazingly, by 8AM!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
Starting our journey. Tyler was an excellent driver... he could definitely work for UPS if he wanted to!
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
We drove for 12+ hours on Saturday. This was a not-so-happy hour stuck in traffic. We stopped and stayed the night in West Virgina.
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
The next day we drove about another 12 hours in this. Did I mention what a great driver Tyler is???
| From Summer 2009 Aimee |
We picked up Matty who helped us move everything into the apartment and into my classroom. Little did he know we would be asking him to help again on Halloween!
This gets us caught up to August 3rd! Whew!
Emma is gorgeous. She looks like such a little sweetie pie! I love the doberman - always wanted one. Maybe I'll take Spike back and get a doberman. JUST KIDDING!
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing you love the water. Lots of water pictures on your blog. Nice.
When I was 22 I drove myself, alone, in a U-Haul into New York City and bombed down Broadway. When I was 26 I did it to DC. But Florida is a LONG WAY! good for you guys!
ReplyDelete