Mt. Pisgah South Trail

Today we hiked Mt. Pisgah in this lovely 90 degree and very humid weather... The summit is 2,751 ft, and it's 1.7 miles to the top with an elevation change of 1,450 ft. I'm too tired to write much but here are the pics:
From Mt Pisgah South Trail
Fred and I at Pulpit Rock

From Mt Pisgah South Trail
Can you find the nude beach? (Hint: there are no boats hanging out there!)
From Mt Pisgah South Trail
We stopped and ate part of our lunch here thinking it was the summit - but soon learned it was just around the bend!

From Mt Pisgah South Trail
Ahh! We got to the summit and then to this overlook. Amazing views - even with the haze!

From Mt Pisgah South Trail
Looking at Mt. Hor and Lake Willoughby towards the north...

From Mt Pisgah South Trail
...and towards the south (and nude beach, again)

From Mt Pisgah South Trail
We were sitting down for this... I was afraid the wind would blow me over the cliff's edge!

From Mt Pisgah South Trail
We stopped afterwards to get this shot - I couldn't believe we climbed all the way to the top!

From Mt Pisgah South Trail

Not a great photo - but this is Willoughby Gap: Mt. Hor on the left and Mt. Pisgah on the right

Comments

Post a Comment