We bought a house (and the rest of the week)!


So after unpacking, organizing, and repacking most of my stuff at school and at home, Tyler and I decided to make an offer on a house this week. The sellers accepted and we close on October 30! We looked at this house online some time ago, decided it was out of our price range and did not meet our "land requirement" at the time. After looking at several other houses - and learning that the seller's had seriously reduced their asking price - we decided we should buy it. It is in the most ideal location for us. My drive to work will be about 25 minutes, while Tyler's only increases to about 10-15 minutes. And, as Tyler's Uncle Cedric pointed out today, I do not have to stop at a single stoplight! The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a fantastic kitchen, a finished walkout basement, and it is on 3.5 acres - enough for a garden, chickens, some beehives and maybe one day some sheep (or alpacas?)! We feel very lucky to have found this and are excited to have a place large enough to have people over!
We were super busy taking care of things with the house this week, but we also realized that our summer vacation was almost over and we hadn't done many fun things at home... so we went fishing and canoe-ing (spell check won't tell me how to spell it!) this week, and spent some time today celebrating Tyler's Grammie's 78th birthday at Shadow lake!


From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2

I'm not sure why, but Fred was barking at the foam that had gathered in the water!

From SummerPart2

Learning the difference between a brook trout and a salmon before tossing him back in.

From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2

I did a little fishing, but didn't catch anything...

Yesterday we canoed part of the Clyde River.
From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2

Trying to get a picture of all of us. Not sure what Tyler and Fred are looking at!

From SummerPart2

We did about 2 hours on the river, but it would be great to do the 4 hour trip in the fall.

From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2

I swear I really did help Tyler paddle!

From SummerPart2

We let Fred swim... he doesn't like it.

From SummerPart2

Wet dog!

From SummerPart2

Tyler did not paddle like this, but was contemplating jumping in.

When we got home Donna was about to go for a swim while Tom kayaked... so Fred joined him!
From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2

Fred's "friend" Willow. He likes her, but she does not like him!

From SummerPart2

I don't know???

This pic is completely random, but Tyler made a sculpture out of our drying dishes:
From SummerPart2


From SummerPart2

And last night's sunset over the lake. Ahhhh.....

From SummerPart2

Comments

  1. Finally! :-)

    I just love the house and can't wait to see it in person. It was fun to visit with you today at Shadow Lake. I may not see you again before school starts, so, "Break a Leg!"

    Enjoy your last week or so of summer vaca.

    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is beautiful. I love the windows in the livingroom. Congratulations.

    It was nice to finally meet Fred in person yesterday at Shadow Lake. He's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aimee!

    I found your blog through Sandy's blog. I am so happy as I got to see your new house which is incredible! I am so happy for you and Tyler. What a wonderful spot that will be for you both!

    P.S. I bet friend will like it, too!

    Lisa Alexander Rothman

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hate that you own a house and we don't. This makes us very jealous and depresses us. However, we did swim in the Mediterranean this morning. It is small consolation.
    Love, your aunt and uncle in France

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new house reminds me of Susie's house...it really looks so nice. Congratulations!! It was fun to meet Fred in person at Mom's birthday party.
    I don't think you can beat those sunsets at the lake.
    I loved the river photos.
    Enjoy this last week before school!!
    SAM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment