DonorsChoose Project


As you know, I'm currently teaching in Northern VT.

Here's what you might not know: I'm part of the DonorsChoose.org teacher community, and we post projects for the resources that would make the biggest difference in our classrooms. If DonorsChoose.org teachers collectively get 5,000 people to give to classroom projects, $100,000 in additional funding will be released.

Please help! Visit http://www.donorschoose.org/wt-sp/403188/Benton and support my classroom project: http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=327234&sharebar=true.

Thanks in advance for your help in supporting the DonorsChoose.org teacher community! Please also forward this email to spread the word.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I think I see my old love seat in your classroom! That is just too funny! I can't believe that old couch has any life in it still!

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was yours first! Too funny. My kids refer to the couch area as "The Lounge" and they argue over who will have the chance to sit and read there! I even had to create a couch rotation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, after studying the picture more carefully, I realize it is our sleeper couch, and not our old loveseat.

    We bought that sleeper couch when we were first married, 31 years ago and were living in a small apartment in New Jersey, right outside of New York City. My little brother Wesley was coming to stay with us for a week, and we needed a place for him to sleep. As we didn't have a couch yet, we bought this sleeper couch so that he would have a bed during his stay. I remember taking him to see the Statue of Liberty in NYC.

    That couch then went with us to our apartment in Georgia, our house in Georgia, my sister Mary's apartment in Richmond, Vermont, my sister-in-law, Darlene's house in Glover, Vermont, and my nephew Tyler's apartment in Newport, Vermont

    I am glad it has found another happy home!

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment