EmmaRoo - 3 months

EmmaRoo turned 3 months old yesterday! My sister posted these pics on Facebook... I wish I could give her a big hug!

The sign says:
"October 17, 2009 ~ 3 Months ~I slept 7.5 hours last night! ~13 lbs. ~ 2 feet long ~ Brrrrr.... It's cold out today!"


Missing out on things like this is the sad part of living so far away from my family. Yesterday my cousin Scott was in town from Texas and the whole family went out to lunch for a couple hours. Of course, I'm here alone with Fred while Tyler is moose hunting so it made it all the more sad to be "left out." And, it's really stinken' cold here. I'm starting to believe that Fred is a bad influence on me because whenever he is curled up sleeping I think it's okay to take a nap too! (He did get a bath and blow-dry yesterday so he is super cuddly!)

Tyler and I close on our new house in less than 2 weeks! We finalized insurance last Friday and will transfer/open utilities this week. It is super exciting to think that we will be in a larger, new place so soon! I'm looking forward to running around and playing with Fred in the giant yard.

I have papers to grade now, so time to stop procrastinating. Hope you all have a fabulous week (we are off work Thursday and Friday so it will be a wonderful week for us!).

Comments

  1. Emma is the cutest thing, ever! I'm sure you do miss her.

    As far as the cold, soon the ground will be blanketed with snow which makes the cold more bearable.

    Yeah, being a "Deer Camp Widow" as we call it really stinks. I'm going to Maine this coming weekend, but if you find yourself in that situation again during hunting season, maybe you, me, Jeanne, and Joanie could get togehter and do something. If Sandy wants to make the drive she could be in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sandy will be making the drive! The hunting season seems so much longer with Moose Season attached, but it will not always be that way...
    Emma is so pink and round, I could cuddle her right up!
    And Darlene's right- snow is so much more fun. Skiing, snowshoeing, etc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you live far away, you miss out on big things - holidays, family visits, weddings, funerals - but more importantly little things - like a dance recital, or your nephews playing with their new dog, or trick-or-treating. It's the little things that are harder.
    On a lighter note, you will be in a new house and that will make being far away, and a Deer Camp Widow, MUCH more bearable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous pictures -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment