Leaf Peepers...

Well, I ran a 5k yesterday with Tyler and Susie (not really with them, but way behind them!) having not run once in over two months (since Glover Day). It was the Leaf Peepers race in Waterbury... Tyler originally wanted to run the half-marathon with his mom, but he registered too late to get in.

Anyway, the race started at 11AM and 34 minutes and 2 seconds later I was able to drag myself across the finish line! Yesterday every part of my body ached, especially my hips. Today I am tired and my hips still hurt, but I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Tyler didn't do as well as he wanted to (9th overall), but he did sprain his ankle playing with Fred a couple weeks ago and hasn't been able to run since. Susie did fantastic, finishing second in her age group and fourth overall for the women. Sandy ran the half marathon and she and her running-buddy came in just over 2 hours! I'm not sure I'll ever have the desire to run for 2 hours, although it was very inspiring to watch.

I took this picture near my school a little over a week ago to show off some of the fall color up this way. Today the leaves were already falling off the trees so I'm not sure how much longer it will last. Driving down the road the other day it was very dark and gray outside, yet the red, orange, and yellow leaves seemed to brighten up the road as if the sun was out in full force!

From Fall09

Comments

  1. Tara Nelson mentioned that she saw you all at the race. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara Nelson runs so fast it's a wonder she sees anything!!!!
    Aimee: I think it's great that you ran Leaf Peepers. I love how you'll give just about anything a try!
    Hopefully we'll see you this weekend, we are probably going to join you in Wheelock just for the day Saturday, if the weather is nice. Ed said he's call Ty one night this week to chat.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment