More house...

Well, we are still without internet and phone at the new house. We do have DISH Network but only because the previous residents left their box. The problem is, the previous owners have not yet closed their accounts... so we wait.

Yesterday we got the day off to celebrate Veteran's Day. Tyler and I finished stacking wood, and worked on getting things organized. We had been running on adrenaline since this weekend as grades were due Monday, so in the afternoon we took a nap. It was delightful!

It warmed up this weekend, and the black fly's came alive with a vengeance. I've been running around the house with a vacuum trying to suck the little boogers up. Yuck!

So here are some more pictures of the house. We still need some furniture, but we love, love, love our new house!

From Geese and Kids


From Geese and Kids

Okay, these pictures were taken at the apartment. I thought it was amazing to see this many geese!

From House1
Fred got a haircut and a barn coat to keep him warm. Still need to get the booties!

From House1
This is how a Floridian lays out in the sun in Vermont. It gets really warm from all those windows! (Fred wanted to cuddle up in the sun, too!)

From House1
Looking into kitchen from garage.

From House1
Outside wood pile... we finished stacking this yesterday.

From House1
Garage-side of house...

From House1
Driveway

From House1
Fred LOVES the new yard!

From House1
New mailbox!

From House1
View of entire house from corner of driveway... not sure if I am looking forward to mowing that yard!

From House1
Back of the house...

From House1
The people who sold us our house built this house on the hill behind us...

From House1
Garage - you can see the wood-door that goes into the basement behind the broom...

From House1


From House1
Bathroom and walk-in closet...

From House1
Guest bathroom

From House1


From House1
2 guest bedrooms

From House1
Stairs to basement

From House1
Storage room in the basement

From House1
Basement

From House1
Built-in book/gun-case in basement

From House1


From House1
Laundry room (notice the shoot from the master bath? pretty sweet!)

From House1

From House1
Lots and lots of wood...

So that's the house... this weekend I am going to work on cleaning stuff while Tyler goes to deer camp for opening weekend. Tomorrow Tyler has a workday and I have "student-led" conferences. I hope to be finished early so I can come home and play with Fred while the weather is still nice.

Comments

  1. Your house looks beautiful. For some reason it reminds me of Peter and Jeanne's house. Love, love, love the finished basement. That's something I aspire to do to our house someday - a finished basement and hardwood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling good about my new "bigger" apartment until I saw your post and now I just want to move back to America! ha ha
    The place looks so SPACIOUS! All that storage space! And a laundry room! In France, in apartments, most everyone has their washing machine in their kitchen. Now we do too! Ugh. So your chute from the master bath is looking pretty amazing! We have to pay 200 dollars a month for a parking space. Every centimeter counts over here. But,I do live by the Mediterranean, I have to keep reminding myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice house! We are so happy for you and Tyler! Congratulations!

    Grammie Alexander and Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've done a lot, in a short amount of time. Hope you have a productive weekend!

    It's such a nice house, in a beautiful setting. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment