Thanksgiving and my first VT snowstorm

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have a ton of leftovers to prove it - I finished off meal #5 today for lunch - then snoozed away most of the afternoon. Tyler came home from camp - without a deer - but he still has next weekend. Now it's time to plan for the Christmas Open House on the 19th!

WARNING: I took way too many pictures, and I am going to post them all, mostly for my mom. Enjoy!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

First take - I cut off most of the guests at the table!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Food, and lots of it!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Self-timer mishap. But I love the look on Katie and Lizzie's faces!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

And here is the whole crew: Joanie, Jeanie, Dennis, Tyler, me, Gabe, Matt, Katie and Lizzie

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Susie helped us with this beautiful tabletop, set by Gabe - thank you both!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Matt works off his meal with Fred-lifts.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Relaxing...

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Susie was an amazing help... she washed all of the dishes after dinner (with help from Brody???)

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Fred and his dog-best friend, Brody eat their Thanksgiving - no turkey here.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

And then Brody begs for more food...

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Fred found two more BFF's with Katie and Lizzie

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow


From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Finally, I get to sit down and relax!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Black Friday: When guests come over, expect to be put to work! Haha! Dennis is fixing our crooked dishwasher.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

I took out all of the Christmas decorations, and Fred made himself comfy.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Joanie, Wayne and Cole made these for Thanksgiving - are they the cutest?!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

With a snowstorm coming, I was happy to have so many leftovers!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

This is what it looked like all day Friday. Not good for hunting, or my mood. Watched a lot of tv Friday!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

And the snow begins around 3:30 Friday!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Fred is not phased. Yet.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Leftovers #3!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Tried to take Fred out to potty, but he wasn't sure what he was stepping on.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

He took a few steps...

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

...went potty, and then came running back in!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Still unsure what the white stuff is...

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Goodnight Friday!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Hello Saturday!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Coat time!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow


From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Fred found the place with the least snow to potty... I'm not sure he liked having his picture taken!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Once he discovered that snow was fun, Fred ran around like a rabbit!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Back in the house where it is warm, I thought I'd take pics of our new, used furniture. We bought this from one of my students.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

And the coffee table and end tables.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Table we bought from previous owners.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

Lots of deer tracks in our front yard!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

This was the 3 seconds that the sun came out all weekend!

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow


From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

I'm glad I bought the barn coat for Fred, otherwise he does look like a bunny.

From Thanksgiving and 1st Snow

He was all smiles!

Comments

  1. Looks like you put together a lovely Thanksgiving dinner party. Congratulations- what a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! The house looks fantastic! NO SNOW here in Fairfax- can you believe what a huge difference, only an hour away??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammie says, "It looks quite nice and you certainly did have enough food!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving feast looked lovely. It was fun to see all the pictures of your new home and those that helped you celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My French Riviera Thanksgiving had 28 people and just a few leftovers - but lots of leftover desserts, some of which we took home and enjoyed Sunday with our tea. But your photos of the snow make me homesick!
    congrats on hosting your first T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is beautiful - so open and airy. How did you get your table to be so long? Lots of added leaves? Or two tables put together.

    Self timer mishap?! That looks like on purpose!

    Looks like Fred is getting used to the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures of the first snow are beautiful. No snow down her in West Wareham, MA...maybe tonight?
    xo Auntie Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment