This year, Tyler and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our new house. We have been busy, busy preparing the house so that it is ready for guests.
Probably the most difficult task has been refinishing the dining room table. Tyler started it Sunday night, but decided last night that he hadn't done a good enough job of sanding it. Last night, he started all over again and this morning he put the final coat of gloss on it! Talk about last minute!
Last night I had a soccer game (we got to play at 7 instead of 9 - very exciting!) and afterwords I made the cranberry sauce. It is infused with fresh orange and smelled delicious cooking on the stove.
We are out of work early today, which means we have the rest of the day to get ready. I still have one more run to make to the grocery store, and then home to brine the turkey. I am using the Good Eats Roast Turkey recipe for my first turkey. I am excited to see how it turns out! I've been dreaming of Thanksgiving food since Halloween and I can't wait to stuff myself silly tomorrow.
Okay - lunch is almost over and kids leave in 10 minutes! Sweet!
Probably the most difficult task has been refinishing the dining room table. Tyler started it Sunday night, but decided last night that he hadn't done a good enough job of sanding it. Last night, he started all over again and this morning he put the final coat of gloss on it! Talk about last minute!
Last night I had a soccer game (we got to play at 7 instead of 9 - very exciting!) and afterwords I made the cranberry sauce. It is infused with fresh orange and smelled delicious cooking on the stove.
We are out of work early today, which means we have the rest of the day to get ready. I still have one more run to make to the grocery store, and then home to brine the turkey. I am using the Good Eats Roast Turkey recipe for my first turkey. I am excited to see how it turns out! I've been dreaming of Thanksgiving food since Halloween and I can't wait to stuff myself silly tomorrow.
Okay - lunch is almost over and kids leave in 10 minutes! Sweet!
Have a wonderful time, hope everything turn out absolutely perfect!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving Aimee and Tyler! I'm sure everyone will be happy to celebrate with you in your new house!
ReplyDeleteI will be eating a cold sandwich in between lessons and pumping my milk today so I'm jealous! ha ha
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Thanksgiving Aimee and Tyler!! I heard from Joanie that you had a wonderful feast and in such a beautiful, spacious home! Can't wait to see it! Tyler, I was painting my hall walls the morning that Laura came to visit years ago! Atleast your dining room table was dry for your guests!! Love, Martha
ReplyDelete