Christmas Party!

Last night Tyler and I hosted a Christmas party at our house. We had about 30 people in attendance, although I didn't take too many pictures of all of the guests. Tyler's step-brother, Gabe, traveled all the way from Boston to be here (and to attend his own family gathering today). He met up with Tyler's Mom, Step-dad and Brother and then they all drove over from Richmond. The rest of the folks were locals of the Kingdom; almost all work with Tyler at the high school.

My friend Linnzi (also my co-worker at Brighton), came early in the day to help out. And man, did we ever need her! At the rate we were going we still didn't have everything ready until 6:30PM (party started at 6) and we scratched two appetizers because we ran out of time and kitchen space once the guests arrived!

We had plenty of food and drink to keep everyone happy, but we did roast our guests with the wood-stove. It really is too bad that you can't control the heat! Anyway, our last guests left around 11ish and Tyler, Linnzi and I did some clean-up before bed. This morning we made omelets out of leftover veggies and enjoyed leftover apple pie. Yum!

Here are the pictures in reverse:

Blurry picture of Linnzi relaxing towards the end of the evening. She was a busy girl all night!


Megan gives the star of the party kisses. Fred loves his new boots, and does the funniest chicken-dance when he has them on!

Emily gets a laugh out of Freds funky boot-walk.

Showing off his new boots...


Nicole and Alex brought us some antlers... Tyler thought they looked best on Fred.


Fed wasn't so sure about them at first...

Food - almost all gone towards the end of the night...

Nicole, Megan, Alex and Emily... Nicole, Alex and Emily all play on our volleyball team. Megan is the competition on NCUHS's Team 2!

Duke, Chris, Sarah, Kristen, Trevor, Linnzi and Tracy

Trevor and Kristen brought this for Tyler - Chia Abe Lincoln. Hilarious!

Our neighbor/co-worker/volleyball team member Lonnie turned 40 last night so we bought him a cake. Bob looks on in envy that he is not turning 40!

"So many candles!"

Wearing the antlers from Nicole and Alex

My first plate and food (and my first chance to sit down) at the party...

Comments

  1. I'm sure you put on a lovely party- so sorry we couldn't make it. I know how much work it is to pull off auch a big affair, and I'll bet you were exhausted that evening!!! Hope you have a lovely Christmas, and can't wait to see you on the 29th-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that you had a party and people were drinking beer out of long-neck bottles. I saw that and it made me so homesick I almost cried.
    Dang. Long-necks. Good ole USA.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment