Procrastination before Christmas


I am jealous of all of my friends down south who start Christmas vacation at 4PM on Friday. We go until Wednesday (full-day) the 23rd! I don't think I will ever be able to go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas with this crazy schedule. When would I travel? On Christmas Eve when my family typically celebrates? Oh well...

Tyler and I are gearing up for the Open House this weekend. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the weather cooperates so that we don't end up with tons of leftover food and drink.

This is a busy week for both of us as we wind down 2009:
  • Volleyball tonight (although I cannot play due to bruised hand/wrist/shoulder from last week's soccer match)
  • Soccer championships tomorrow, although I have to go to the school Christmas pageant instead.
  • Depressing faculty meeting on Wednesday after school. I wonder who will be losing their job this month?
  • Civil War Roundtable also on Wednesday night. I'm afraid Tyler may be attending this one alone after the nightmare of last month's never-ending meeting!
  • Thursday - grocery shop for party
  • Friday is my school's holiday party, but I scheduled a doctor's appointment months ago and cannot reschedule. I guess it's okay since I can come home and prep for Saturday.
While my after school activities are going to keep me busy, we are just as busy during the school day with all kinds of guests in and out this week. I hope my kids allow me to survive the week!

Okay, I feel better getting that all off of my chest and can now get back to entering grades. Fun!

Comments

  1. We have school till the 23rd as well, but it is because we started late due to Swine Flu. It is horrible--no one is going to be able to make it home in time for Christmas from here. Hang in there. I am so ready for this semester to be over!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment