Ice Fishing

I was just inspired by Sandy's blog to post something... so here are pictures from our first ice fishing expedition on Lake Memphremagog Saturday.

This is not ice fishing, but Fred's new favorite place to hide out/sleep!


Can you see me?


Tyler awaits Bob's trailer...


Mountain Dog!


Loading up the beast. Bob said we'll probably have to pay taxes on our "Fishing Condo!"


Decided at first not to drive the truck onto the lake... but the 4-wheeler wasn't cutting it.


Tyler had to run back to Tom and Donna's house to get something... Fred followed.


Truck on the lake... this was so weird!


All set up and ready for fish!'


Here comes the first one!


We caught 5 perch...


Fred had a great time hanging out on the ice...





Cooked hot dogs and hot chocolate... stayed nice and warm with the stove cranking.


That's me! Lots of layers as it was pretty cold in the 20s.


Inside the Rube Cube.




Fred thought this was his new dog house... and stood at alert!


Packing up for the night...


Sunset over Newport.

Comments

  1. awesome job on the fishing shanty Tyler!!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so confused to see a posting under my name, until I realized it was Ed "posing" as me!
    What an amazing fishing shanty, Tyler.
    Aimee- I have got to give you credit. You are absolutely embracing life in the Northeast Kingdom. What would your Atlanta friends say now????
    Thank goodness for Fred's blue vest- you might lose sight of him on the snowy lake without it!
    Love,
    "The Real Sandy Alexander"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible fishing shanty! I couldn't get over the wood stove! Wow!

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow. Much to discuss. Thankfully will be seeing you soon! (when do you go to Florida?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florida trip is Feb 19 to 25! Can't wait to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ice shack. Tyler did a great job. I agree with Sandy - You're really immersing yourself in Vermont life. I have never been ice fishing, myself and probably never will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shanty!!! Good work, Tyler. Aimee, good work for spending the day there! (You could get a lot of reading done, in there by the fire!)
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy... what would we say? Well, as both a Florida and an Atlanta friend, I say she's nuts. But, because I've never seen her so happy, I say it's OK. She had all of this woodsie/outdoorsie/naturistic stuff in her. It's in her blood. Haven't you met Daryl and Eric and Ann? She just needed someone like Tyler to do it with. She's complete now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? No B & M beans to go with the dogs? You haven't quite "crossed over" until you have beans AND dogs!! Did Tyler build the shanty himself? It is too cute! Did you catch fish, too, Aimee? I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment