Daylight Savings Time

I dutifully changed the clocks yesterday (well, I should qualify that by saying "clock"-singular as Tyler changed all of the clocks in the house, and I was only responsible for my car). It it always strange adjusting to any time change whether it is due to Daylight Savings or traveling to a different time zone. In the fall I look forward to that one little extra hour of time. I savor the 60 minutes by relaxing with a movie or a book or a nice nap. The spring adjustment is not so appealing at first glance. Losing that one teeny-weeny hour feels like being hit by a semi-truck, especially because it happens on a Sunday which tends to be a late-night for grading and planning anyway.

Waking up this morning at 6:15AM (really 5:15AM according to my body!) was not fun. Fred didn't even want to get up for our morning cuddles before my shower! Every year I tell myself to adjust my clock early, maybe Friday night, so that I am somewhat acclimated by Monday. But alas, I always forget.

As the week progresses and I get used to the time change, I know I will love having the extra hour of daylight when I get home. I will no longer have the excuse that I cannot run because it is too dark outside. The longer days also remind me that summer is approaching and long nights spent outside on the deck are awaiting me.

This is from March 10 of last year in Atlanta! I'm waiting for arrival of robins in Vermont now!

Comments

  1. Hit by a semi truck

    Great description of how I too felt yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also having a hard time with the time change today! I always look forward to "falling back" but not to "springing forward"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you said about Fred resisting morning cuddles. Gracie wouldn't exit from under the covers until the last minute this morning. Sooooo tired, go to bed right now. Yes!
    ~T-Dawg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment