
I guess it's the weather that is bringing out the wildlife in droves. In the past few days I've seen at least 20 deer and more than 100 turkeys. I'm not overestimating either. The deer are in our front yard, our side field, across the street in the neighbor's field, on the side of the road on my way to work... everywhere. And now the turkeys! I saw a flock of them hanging out on my drive to work today. Although there were deer in Florida and Georgia, it's different seeing them here, more natural maybe? I'm on the lookout for moose next. And if teachers in my district have a salary decrease next year (we are negotiating now), I may very well be hunting these same animals soon.
Love it -- the way you move turkeys into a decrease in salary. They want us to do a "give-back" of our raises at my school. Who's a turkey now?
ReplyDelete~T-DAwg
Like we have SO MUCH to give back! Ha! I hope they are asking your administrators to give back too.
ReplyDelete:)
We have been scarily working without a contract for literally years...Most likely looking at salary decreases the way other districts are settling around here.
ReplyDeleteHow lucky you have so much wildlife surrounding you!
ReplyDeleteGo freelance! ha ha
ReplyDelete