I dragged myself out of bed this morning, got dressed, and somehow made my way to school for the first day back from winter break. Upon opening the school door I saw a mass of smiling children and remembered why I love my job so much."Ms. Benton! Your hair is frizzy and full of static!"
"Thanks Brent."
I love Brent. So honest. After dropping off my things and rushing to make copies, I ran into Aleasha.
"Ms. Benton! I missed you! Can I have a hug?"
"Of course Aleasha!"
Aleasha always wants a hug... I'm sure there are teachers who are afraid of hugs, but I am a not.
Anyway, I am back. I'm tired, but am happy to see my kiddies again. Just a month and a half until Spring break!
Don't you love when students are so honest:-)
ReplyDelete***love the name of your blog!***
Ha! Frizzy hair. Priceless. I agree, it actually was kind of nice to reconnect with the kids today. I might even admit that I missed them. Well, some of them! p.s. I didn't get to write on your other blog post but I love some of those pics with Tyler. I love the close-up of you two leaning on the tree branch. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHow gratifying to receive such warm greetings from your students. What a buzz to feel so welcomed.
ReplyDeleteI've never really taught middle schoolers other than subbing way back when. But, I always loved volunteering when I could for things at the middle school. They truly are betwixt and between and need adults who accept their every moment! Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteSounds as though you teaching is most gratifying. The kids are lucky to have you too. Good luck with the Slice of Life Contest
ReplyDelete