This morning I awoke from a NyQuil-induced slumber in a slight haze, which was only exacerbated by Tyler calling me quickly to the kitchen. What could he want?
"Look, out in the field," he whispered.
I looked out the window and saw something truly beautiful: one deer resting in the field and another grazing. It was spectacular! I grabbed my camera and took a few quick pictures through the window.
On my way to work I slowed down to look at a group of deer grazing in the a field (there are hardly any other cars on the road, so I'm safe is doing this). As I was looking to my right something in front of my car caught my eye. It was a deer jumping in front of me to cross the road! I hadn't even spotted him because I was so absorbed in the others. As I continued my drive into work I considered my morning thus far. How could it possibly get any better? I am so lucky to live in a place where I am surrounded by nature.
I still had 10 minutes before arriving at school when a car headed in the opposite direction flashed its lights at me. I came to a stop knowing that there were going to be more deer somewhere ahead of me. I looked to my left, and then to my right. Two deer were waiting patiently to cross the road. Their buddy had apparently crossed already and was awaiting his friends on the other side. I waved them on and they took me up on the offer of a safe passage.
I wonder what delights tomorrow will bring?
The deer quickly looked up when Fred went outside for his morning potty. We let him out front so that he wouldn't bother then but it was pointless. He barked and barked and barked until they sauntered off.
Gorgeous photos. I've got to remember to snap a few the next time I look outside and see deer.
ReplyDeleteHow cool that you are living in an area surrounded by deer!
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos!
ReplyDeleteIn Jericho we used to see deer down in the south field under apples trees. Dad used to buy cow salt licks and put them there to attract the deer.
ReplyDeleteThen he's shoot them (whoops, I think I am supposed to not mention that part).