Yesterday and today have been perfect. It was so hot yesterday that a record was set in Burlington: 79 degrees! (The previous record was 65 degrees in 1967.) When I ran the Derby Pond Loop after school yesterday I thought I was running in Florida. It was hot and I was sweaty, and for whatever reason, all I could think about during the run was how nice it would be to have a beer - I hardly ever drink! (To prove it, when I got home I had exactly one beer while sitting in the grass watching the sun go down and waiting for Tyler to get home.)
This morning I ran with (behind, really) Tyler's long distance track team from the high school. Since we ran around 9:30AM it wasn't so hot yet, but right now it's steaming! (I can't believe I am even saying that after complaining about the cold for so long.) Instead of immediately washing the salt off of my body after this morning's run, I decided that first I should lay out in the sun for a few minutes to soak up the heat. Fred came out with me, although he disappeared to go play in the woods. When he came back, he looked like this:
It looked like he was ready to go to war or something! Even though I knew that I would have to wash him, I laughed very hard! What a dog! And he was smiling the whole time - so proud of his new look, or maybe just happy to have cooled himself down in the mud/deer poop. I decided to give him a bath outside and for the first time he actually sat down and enjoyed it. Yes, it is that hot today.
I wanted to post these pictures from earlier in the week. We looked outside at our apple tree and found 12-15 robins eating away at the rotting apples left from last fall. We wondered if perhaps they were getting drunk on them as they were flying around kind of sporadically.
Tonight we are having a few friends over for game night. But we can't stay up too late because tomorrow I attempt a 7 mile run!
The weather was lovely here in Southern New Hampshire, too. It was shorts weather! I felt like tilling the garden and getting the peas in!
ReplyDeleteMy daffodils bloomed today for the first time!