Matt's Boston Marathon

I am going to cheat here and post Anna's "Marathon Matt" email coupled with Gabe's photos from the race.


Report from Boston:

Matt just completed the Boston Marathon in 3:00:28! This means he ran a 6 minute 53 second mile overall. He kept a very steady pace for the entire course-- never seemed to flag or tire. If I'm reading the results correctly, he came in 1408th in a field of about 22,000 runners. Incredible.

So much fun to see him steam down the hill and round the mile 22 corner in his St. Mike's purple jersey. Sadly, we were too excited to snap any photos of him on the course, and he was running so fast he was out of sight in an instant! We did get a little smile from him, though, with our hootin' and hollering.

I'm sure Aimee will have a blog update when she gets home with all the details. Just wanted to let everyone know about our athletic superstar.

Love, Anna

Comments