My pictures are in reverse order tonight, please forgive:
I finished planting all of the veggies that we wanted to start from seed. We now have:
Today is April 27th and it is snowing. It started around lunchtime today; the strange part is, it was light out until 7:30ish (reflection off the bright white snow perhaps?) and the birds were all singing as if it were a beautiful spring day!

Sunday I took this photo of our future herb garden after our neighbor finished plowing for us.
Here is a shot of the herb garden and the newly plowed vegetable garden. My co-worker is a farmer (in her spare time after school!) and has been teaching me all kinds of stuff. Yesterday I learned a lot more about companion planting to help prevent disease and to increase the growth of our veggies.
I've been busy, busy, busy with school and union meetings. The school boards decided last night that we are at an impasse and now need to go to mediation. You can read all about it in your paper tomorrow... good times for teachers in the Kingdom.
- 27 New England Pie Pumpkins
- 25 Heirloom Broccoli plants
- 25 Winter Squash plants
- 16 Cherry Tomato plants
- 20 Heirloom Tomato plants
- 30 Red Pepper plants
I've been busy, busy, busy with school and union meetings. The school boards decided last night that we are at an impasse and now need to go to mediation. You can read all about it in your paper tomorrow... good times for teachers in the Kingdom.
Striking maybe? Ouch.
ReplyDeleteSnow on Léna's birthday? Double ouch!
beautiful! I can't wait to come visit you there :)
ReplyDelete