Where was my camera?

Today the liquid manure spreader finally paid us a visit. We have several hundred acres surrounding us and it was just screaming for a little cow poop. When I came home from work I was thankful that the smell wasn't too bad when I opened up the back door to let Fred out. You see, in my rush to get ready for my run it never occurred to be that Fred might be in need of some new perfume. I got halfway dressed when it dawned on me that Fred + Manure = disaster. I ran to the kitchen window only to find him chasing after the spreader; I could see the bounce in his gait and could almost catch a glimmer in his eye as he rolled in poop right before my eyes. He was delightfully happy! I, however, was not.

I tried coaxing him back into the house but there was no way I was going to walk into that field of brown. When Fred finally arrived at the back door, I already had the bath water going. It took about 30 minutes of scrubbing to rid him of "Ode de Manure." As much as I hated the whole bath process, I would do it again to get pictures because it was so hilarious! I'd take cow manure over skunk anyday.

Comments

  1. Wayne, Cole, and Heather love the manure spreader too, but at least they don't roll around in it.

    Fred - simple things make him happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds horrible! What a stench. Good thing he's cute and lovable, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the great things about dogs! Nothing gross bothers them. I can picture Fred enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! It cracked me... a perfect ending to a long day (well, READING it was a perfect ending!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment