Moose Visit, etc.

This morning Tyler left for track practice and on his way out he saw two moose. He called (Thanks Tyler) to let me know, so I grabbed my camera and headed out onto the deck. Sure enough, they came running across the field! Here are the pics I got - I had to change lenses mid-way because they ran fast away from the house.
From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose
Fred was on high alert watching them!

From Snow and Moose
Here is a pic showing the snow that is left. Crazy that it melts so quickly.

From Snow and Moose

These are clearly not moose, but I took this to show off our little tomato seedlings. Both types of tomato and the broccoli are already sprouting. Waiting to see something from pumpkin and squash this weekend.

These last pictures are from this Thursday when I came home from school.
From Snow and Moose

From Snow and Moose

I don't know if you can see all the little tracks but those are from birds. It was really cool - I could even see where they had spread their wings in the snow!
From Snow and Moose

Fred didn't want to come back down into the snow so I had to let him in from the deck.

My last bit of news: I will not be able to run the Vermont City Half-Marathon after all. I had my bone scan yesterday and they did find a stress fracture in my foot. Next week I'll hear from the orthopedist just how long I am out for and what I need to do to heal.

Comments

  1. Hi Aimee, really sorry to hear about your foot. Sure you are bummed.
    At least you have moose to distract you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moose look like they're looking both ways before crossing the road. The tulips in the snow are pretty.

    Sorry to hear about your stress fracture. You must be disappointed about the marathon, but hope it's not bothering you too much in your regular, non-running, daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those moose pictures are so great- you sure have seen some pretty amazing wildlife right in your own "back yard."
    Have you found a buyer for your half-marathon spot yet? Shouldn't be too hard using the VCM transfer board- I heard they go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your foot, Aimee. It must be disappointing for you.

    Loved the moose. There is always some wildlife excitement at your house!

    Can't believe your seedlings have sprouted already. Seems like you just planted them.

    Today I noticed my lettuce, spinach, and peas have all sprouted in my garden. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment