Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I took my 8th graders to Boston on their very pricey class trip. We fund-raised all year for this bonanza and I think it was worth it, although I am very happy that next year's trip will be one night shorter. We visited the Science Museum, Quincey Market, Fenway Park, Paul Revere's House, Bunker Hill (Breed's Hill), Old North Church, Plymouth Plantation, Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II. I think the kids really enjoyed experiencing a big-city, and I fell in love with Boston myself. It's unbelievable how much of our history is packed into one tiny area... I am going back to take an economics class July 5-10 and am looking forward to exploring the city more!
This is how I felt on the last day of the trip! Ready to go home!
Yesterday I got a lot of wedding list-making and brainstorming done while Tyler was in Connecticut for the New England track meet. His kids did okay, but nothing earth-shattering. He said he and all the kids had a good time though...
Today we had friends over for running and brunch. I am still wearing my boot so while everyone else went on a run, I got brunch ready... afterward, I stopped by school to check in on my chickens. It looks like I will be bringing home five chickens. Two more started to hatch last night but they died in the process. Hatching out of an egg is rough - poor things! I took some pics of my little guys but with the red-brooder light they all look like they're at a disco.
When I came home from school we got to work on our garden. We started on Memorial Day but still had several things left to plant, and a lot of weeding to do! It took the greater part of the afternoon before we finished, but our garden looks great. Can't wait to see some food out there! While we were outside, I also had Tyler show me how to mow the yard with the tractor we got from Tyler's step-dad, Dennis. It was way fun - except when I thought I might tip over...
Looking for to just 2.5 days of teaching this week. We have teacher workdays/professional development until next Monday and then I leave for Acadia National Park... super excited for summer to start!
Aimee, you will have to watch the movie, "Summer Stock" starring Judy Garland. You looked just like her seated on that tractor with your bib overalls, except you have blond hair!
ReplyDeleteSummer vacation for you is almost here!!
Nice blog layout! Glad you survived your trip to Boston, and looking forward to our cousin/stepcousin/cousin-in-law supper (where's Julie to straighten out how we're all related when you need her?).
ReplyDeleteI second my mother that "Summer Stock" is a must see. Grammie can lend you her copy!
Love the new blog look! Very summery, vermontish. The pic of you at the top is hilarious - your friends and family down south must be like "What the heck is happening to Aimee?!!?"
ReplyDeleteThe disco chicks are cute. You actually get to keep them?
The tractor picture is very funny! I need to have one blown up and framed. I can put it up next to that nice picture of you wakeboarding on the lake. You are so diverse:)Mom
ReplyDelete