Honeymoon: Bed & Breakfasts

Woke up today wishing I were back at a B&B... mostly because I was hungry and all of our breakfasts on the trip were amazing! We had never stayed in a B&B before and were a little nervous about the idea. However, we wanted a unique honeymoon experience and these seemed to fit the bill. Were we ever delighted with our choice! Every place was different and each expereience was wonderful. The hostesses were all very sweet, the other guests was really interesting and fun to talk to, the rooms were all amazing, and the breakfasts were scrumptious!

Here is a quick post about all the lovely B&B's we stayed in!

Kendrick House in Hardin, Montana. Very flowery... the only place to stay near Little Bighorn!
Original bathroom at Kendrick House - very cool!
I love these flowers... anyone know what they are? I've seen them in Vermont...
One of Custer's relatives (a Custer re-enactor, of course) stays here every year... the guy was even mentioned in the book Tyler was reading on our trip!

The Collins Mansion in Great Falls, Montana
The Garden room was lovely! Also, my favorite breakfast was here: Eggs Benedict! Tyler hated it, of course...
This is one of those sleep number beds...
The Carolina in Helena, Montana. Named after the inn-keeper's daughter.
We had never seen so much fabric on a shower before!
I loved this house and the gardens around it. They host a lot of weddings and politicians here...
We had an incredible dinner here. Made extra special because some of our new friends from The Collins Mansion in Great Falls were also eating here and they bought our bottle of wine. Turns out, they were ALSO staying at The Carolina that night - right next to our room! The irony...
Last B&B: Blossoms, in Missoula. Named after Blossom, the owner. This was probably my favorite place because I love Craftsman-style homes. I wrote down the names of the sheets and mattress (both from Costco I later learned!) because they were so awesome. Best night of sleep here - and the view was amazing!
Mount Jumbo out of our bedroom window. The "L" is for the local high school.
We ate dinner on the front porch and two deer came walking down the street from the mountain as if they were dogs on their nightly walk!

Comments

  1. You stayed in some beautiful places. No bear to worry about there.

    Those flowers are hollyhocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Historic B & B's are my favorite way to travel.

    Yes, those flowers are hollyhocks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment