On this day last year Tyler and I
moved into our house - we can't believe it's been a year already. (And I can't believe that I still have boxes hiding in closets that have never been unpacked!) Now that we are settled in and the wedding is over, we can get started on my massive to-do list of household projects... I am hoping the first project will be replacing the carpet in the LR and our BR with hardwoods, followed by taking down the wall paper borders in the house and painting. Let the fun times begin.
In other news, my dad turned 60 on Friday (29th)! Happy Birthday Dad! As I get older I find that the age at which you become "old" keeps getting pushed back. So 60 isn't old anymore -and truthfully it's been a while since I've thought of 60 as old - but 70 seems pretty close to old... I suppose you aren't officially old until you reach 80+. Fortunately, most people in my family grow into the real old category. I'm hoping to take after my Great-Grandma Oldfield who lived to be almost 100 or my Grandpa Benton who just celebrated his 94th birthday!
On Friday night Tyler and I ventured into Canada to try out a restaurant called Milly's. It was weird and I don't plan to go back. My food was only almost edible and the owner/chef was sort of an interesting and odd man who talked our ears off about the demise of America due to our arrogance and ignorance. Delightful.
Yesterday Tyler, Fred and I went to the VT State X-Country meet to cheer on the North Country and Mount Mansfield teams. It was fun to visit with Matt and the Bibb family. Fred was quite a hit with the fans wearing his pirate costume... but all the attention must have worn him out because he has slept ever since. A North Country boy placed 2nd in the Division 1 race and the MMU boys won the whole thing. The NCUHS girls did not do so hot, but I think Susie's team did well. It was snowing on our drive down to Thetford for the race, but the snow turned to rain. By the time we got to our house though there was snow everywhere!
The snow continued to fall all night and today we woke up to a winter wonderland. It's so beautiful, although my four hens and rooster (yes, one of my girls turned out to be a boy this week!) don't know what to do with it. I went out to check on them this morning and took some pics to share:
 |
| Frozen lock to the coop. |
 |
| The guy has spent the past few months posing as a girl. He started crowing this week. |
 |
| The chickens don't like the snow. |
Well, it seems I've used up all my procrastination techniques for the day. I've got to get busy with my ridiculous reading class (my second of three to get my VT license in language arts) and schoolwork. Oh Sunday... my least favorite day of the weekend!
You sure do pack a lot into a weekend, Aimee.
ReplyDeleteI remember Sunday never being as much fun as a Friday night, when I was still teaching.
I don't know much about chickens - are you getting eggs from them?
ReplyDeleteHappy one year anniversary on moving into your house.
Hilarious that one of your girls is a guy!! Do you have to seperate the rooster from the hens? Your chicken coop looks as big as the bus stop shack, that Dad built for all of us kids, at the bottom of Steeplebush Hill!!
ReplyDeleteLove your photos of the snow in the NEK. It looks so beautiful. We have had a dusting on the lawns. Congrats on one year in your beautiful home. Someday we will come up to visit! Love, Martha