I enjoyed this long 4-day weekend with my college friend Rebecca, who flew up from Florida to experience Vermont and some fall weather. The drive to Plattsburgh was pretty intense - about 3 hours each way - on Thursday but we came home and hung out while making an awesome fall dinner with Tyler. (Pork tenderloin with apples, quinoa, and carrots from the garden!)
On Friday we awoke to snow and French toast and bacon cooked by my handsome husband. Later, Ty left for deer camp to meet up with his friend Ryan while Rebecca and I went to Canada to have lunch at the Manoir Hovey. We both loved our three-course meal - especially the dessert portion! We tried to find Heath Orchard but I just kept getting lost.
Saturday we went on a driving tour of the kingdom in the morning while Fred was at the groomer getting a much-needed haircut (he looks like a whole new dog!). After lunch we went to deer camp for a little hike and a visit with Ty and Ryan. As a true Florida girl, Rebecca was not really dressed appropriately for an intense hike so we stuck to the roads and visited the cemetery. I think she was quite impressed with the high quality of the double-seater outhouse! :)
Today we got up early and Fred, Rebecca and I made the drive back to the airport. I did check out
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (awesome, awesome, awesome!) on CD from the library so I had great entertainment for the solo drive home. I was sad to see my friend leave, but excited to know that the next time I see her she will have a baby girl!
Rebecca took some pics on her trip. I promised not to post them all...they are out of order:
 |
| Ty and Ryan |
 |
| Fred, pre-haircut and in Halloween costume |
 |
| Making dinner and apple pies |
 |
| Two cold FL girls... |
 |
| Rebecca takes a walk in the snow |
 |
| Silly tractor picture |
 |
| Hehehe... |
 |
| We think this says: "Don't lay down in front of a bus or you will give birth." |
 |
| At Red Sky Trading in Glover with a most awesome cookie! |
 |
| This thing scared Rebecca.... |
 |
| Ready for the hike... Fred post-haircut and looking like a poodle. |
 |
| "Outhouses are so gross!" |
 |
| Little market we stopped at.... |
I'm glad you had such a nice weekend with your girlfriend! We missed you on our Tilton shopping weekend, though.
ReplyDeleteI've consulted with Thomas and we agree that French road sign really is saying "A Jane Fonda workout is just a bus ride away."
ReplyDeleteI love this Tour de Kingdom! Looks like you showed Rebecca tons of fun! I Google Translated that sign and it came out as, "If you wear a leotard in public, you will be run down by the school bus."
ReplyDelete