Thanksgiving in warm weather is what I am accustomed to, so this year's visit to Florida was exactly what I needed! I arrived late Wednesday night after working a half-day and then driving almost three hours to the airport. The flight was direct and uneventful, except for the weird man I was stuck sitting next to.
Thursday I played with my sister and her family until it was time to go to my uncle's to eat. The food was delish, although I was sad that my Aunt Bobbie was even sicker than I was! Mom and I went to the movies Thursday night - sort of a tradition in our house - and saw
Love and Other Drugs. I would not recommend it - way too much nakedness for me. My mom and sister both said this was unexpected since the commercial made it seem like a good old-fashioned romantic comedy - in this case it was more, um, romantic than comedy!
Friday I visited with Jasmine and Emma (we did crafts while Katie napped) until mom picked me up for a late lunch. I looked for a great "black-Friday" sale on winter boots thinking Florida would sure be the place to find winter boots on sale, but I didn't have any luck. I was also able to get a pedicure while mom walked around a few more shops! Afterward, we returned to Katie's house to catch the end of Auburn beating up on Alabama. Anytime we would all start to clap Emma would run into the middle of the living room and clap, then she would run around and give everyone high-fives. Adorable.
On Friday night Katie, Mom, Emma and I watched
Eat Pray Love, which is a favorite book of mine. I couldn't believe how Emma just sat and watched the movie like a little adult! My favorite though was when she would get up to dance during any musical interlude! Such a cutie!
Saturday morning mom, dad and I had breakfast with Katie and family and then went to the Cocoa Beach Art Show and looked around, then off we went to the airport for a full day of travel back to the NEK. I was home with Fred (thanks Tom and Donna!) by 10:45 last night. Whew - what a day.
Today (Sunday) I got sucked into
The Girl Who Played With Fire (finished
Dragon Tattoo last week) and didn't get any of my Christmas decorations up, or any papers graded. I did finish my work for school and am officially halfway done with this final class - yeah!
Here are some pictures (thanks to Katie) from Florida:
 |
| My sweet Emma-Roo! |
 |
| Walking barefoot in the grass - one of my favorite things. |
 |
| Eric and Emma |
 |
| Mom, Emma and Uncle Mark |
 |
| Crafts with Jas and Em |
 |
| Emma and Jasmine love their Elf on the Shelf - Zander. |
 |
| Loved playing in the sunshine! |
 |
| Mom does her upper body workout |
 |
| Emma loved getting to ride on everyone's legs - too funny! |
 |
| Sister and Emma |
 |
Daddy and Daughter Gator Fans!
|
Glad you had such a nice time in Florida with your family and that it was WARM!
ReplyDeleteThat Emma is just adorable!
Love you walking barefoot in the grass, with Emma! What a treat to go where it is warm, and having your family together! Everyone is so tan and wearing shorts! Congrats on your class almost being done!
ReplyDeleteJealous of the warmth!
ReplyDeleteEmma is even cuter than she was last summer, and Katie looks glowy :-)
Uneventful traveling? How novel for you.