Happy New Year('s Eve!)

Chicken Party
I heard this poem on The Writer's Almanac the other day while driving to Burlington and it reminded me of good times with friends:

The Night of the Party


Never have I seen women
wiser or more beautiful.

Never have I known men
so witty, so sensitive.

Here in my living room
Are the twenty most remarkable
Persons in all the world.

And me, the one fool,
who must dance
although too heavy
on his feet, sing
although his vocal cords
are out of tune.

But that is the price
I pay for such
companionship.

My friends,
I do not get drunk for myself,
I get drunk for you.

 "The Night of the Party" by Alden Nowlan, from What Happened When He Went to the Stove for Bread. © The Thousands Press, 2000. Reprinted with permission. (buy now)


We are off to Jay Peak tonight to bring in the New Year (early - 6:30 reservation!) and to celebrate the one year anniversary of our engagement over a wonderful meal at The Clubhouse Grill. The restaurant opened earlier this year but this will be our first time trying it out. Afterward we will drive home and enjoy bringing in the New Year at home in front of the tv... my kind of party! :)

I hope you all enjoy a fun and safe New Year's Eve tonight!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Aimee and Tyler!

    Enjoy your dinner out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Hope 2011 brings the purest happiness to your lives-
    We'll be "celebrating" with Grammie's corn chowder recipe and the Twilight Zone Marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment