According to my new favorite weather site,
Northeast Kingdom Weather, it's a dreary, cold, wet day. According to the view outside my window it's a dreary, cold, wet day. Yesterday I shoveled out a patch of yard for the chickens to play in, but they've barely attempted to come out of the coop due to the yuck (is it rain? is it snow?) falling from the sky.
 |
| They came out and nibbled on that cabbage before getting back inside! |
While the weather outside is looking frightful, inside it is toasty and warm and by the looks of Fred cuddled up on the couch with his dolls, rather delightful! Tyler is at ski practice and I am enjoying a late breakfast of poached eggs on an English muffin and tea; thanks chickens!
As the end of the year is coming in a few days and I have time off from work to relax, I have been thinking a lot about resolutions for 2011.Some years I make a written list, and other years I just decide on one or two things I want to change, like the year I decided to stop biting my nails - a great year! Eating healthier has been a goal recently, and perhaps I could take it a step further. Exercise is important and I haven't done that since April, so that should surely be a goal! But what else? What are your goals for 2011?
I read something a couple weeks ago about choosing
One Little Word to reflect upon throughout the year, sort of like a mantra. Well, choosing a single word for 2011 was easy: Floss. When I think of flossing I think of clean teeth and gums, obviously, but also about cleaning the junk that is hidden in nooks and crannies around my house. My way of dealing with important papers (which I believe I inherited from my mom) is to put them all in a box. When the box is full I may or may not sort through them before starting a new box. (And you should see the three boxes full of stuff at school - man oh man what a mess!) So in 2011 I plan to not only floss my teeth everyday (according to my dentist I should floss only the teeth I plan to keep) but also to sort through the boxes and shred or recycle or file away the junk.
Some pics of the "blizzard" from Monday for those of you not on Facebook:
 |
| Fred and our tree... |
 |
| Frozen wreath |
 |
| Digging out the cab to the snowplow |
 |
| Up to my knees in a snow drift... |
 |
| Tyler plowing away so that we can get my car unstuck and into the garage |
 |
| Covered in frost! |
 |
| My stuck car... it only got worse after this! |
 |
| At least the house looked pretty with all that snow! |
Resolutions are so easy (b/c I always make the same ones) and so hard (b/c I always fail miserably in the end). So I might as well get them out there...This year (as always) I want to eat healthier and exercise more. Maybe these resolutons are too broad? Okay, here they are, revised:
ReplyDelete1. I resolve to begin AND end every meal with both a glass of water and either a fruit or a vegetable, and
2. I resolve to view exercise not as a chore to "check" off my list, but rather the most fun part of the day. This one is hard...I have not yet thought of how I will implement this radical change in perception, but I still have a couple of days to come up with a plan!
Thanks for getting me thinking about resolutions! I think I will post a feed to FB, it will be fun to read about other people's resolutions!