Chicken dreams

Snow Bunting (?) which stopped by today...
For the past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about chickens, and not just because Fred recently killed another one of mine, but because in February I can place my order at AgWay for delivery in March. I got the Murrary McMurray catalog a couple weeks ago and today made my official chicken wish list. What do you think?
Cuckoo Maran which lays chocolate brown eggs

Barred Rock

Delaware
Silver Laced Wyandotte from: http://nibsblog.files.wordpress.com
The "Easter Egg" Chicken: Araucana/Americana
Araucana eggs can be green, pink, blue or brown!
Silver Spangled Hamburg

White cochin from: http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/12082_white_cochin_ckl.jpg
Remember Cruella (on left)? White Crested Black Polish

Comments

  1. I like the hamburg, Cruella, and anythign that lays chocolate eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee you are becoming a true Vermonter in many ways. I have very fond memories of our chicken coop at Steeplebush in the barn. It was a sweet (though not sweet-smelling) room at the top of the barn. Good luck with your new chicken order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all so pretty. Wes has been talking about getting chickens for a few years now. Maybe he should finally take the plunge.

    I want to get goats for their milk and make yogurt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment