| Me - sick as a dog and covered in dogs. |
Yesterday I picked up our foster-dog. He is a 10-year-old mini-poodle named G.W. He was not named after G.W. Bush or George Washington, but Gloria and Wayne, his parents. We believe Gloria must have already passed away as G.W. was living with just Wayne until before Christmas, when he became sick and went into the hospital. Since then G.W. has been living at the vet's office, but now he is at our house.
I introduced Fred to G.W. outside so that Fred wouldn't get all territorial. He didn't, but he did think G.W. was some kind of toy. Thankfully not of the chicken variety. Last night Fred tried to play with him but he refused, wanting only to be in someone's lap. This did not make Fred happy as he always likes to be in our lap. When it was time for bed Fred jumped up to cuddle for a while, but when G.W. tried to do the same Fred let him know that that was not okay.
We are happy to be able to take care of G.W. for a while, but we will not be a long-term solution should Wayne take a turn for the worse. G.W. is very-much a human-only sort of dog.
Please pray that Wayne recovers and is able to come home to his old dog. I imagine that they make a great pair.
I didn't know there was such a thing as being foster parents for a dog.
ReplyDeleteI know that G.W. is in good hands.
Walter sure is lucky to have someone so wonderful taking care of his old friend...
ReplyDeleteHow nice that you are willing to be a foster dog parent. Does your Vet have you on a call list when animals need a home? I bet Fred will warm up to GW, and will be sad when he leaves....if he does!
ReplyDelete