On Tuesday after school I returned our old friend GW to the vet's office from which he came. It was pretty sad as he had an amusing personality and was a mostly cheerful little bugger, but he did try to bite us a few times (crabby in his old age?) and his bathroom habits left a lot to be desired. Plus, we hoped he and Fred would get along but instead they either ignored each other or growled at each other. Anyway, on Monday Tyler's co-worker said that there was another option for GW and asked that we return him to the vet. Although we would have fostered GW longer, we were happy to give him to someone who had a permanent home for him.
We found out today that his dad, Wayne, passed away last night. Although I didn't know the man at all I feel like I knew something about him from his dog. I am saddened at the thought of GW never being able to hop up in Wayne's lap again and give him kisses on the face, because this he was surely good at.
We found out today that his dad, Wayne, passed away last night. Although I didn't know the man at all I feel like I knew something about him from his dog. I am saddened at the thought of GW never being able to hop up in Wayne's lap again and give him kisses on the face, because this he was surely good at.
Sorry to hear about Wayne's death. How nice you were able to give GW love and care. Wayne would have liked that.
ReplyDeleteFunny that his name was Wayne. Kind of an unusual name.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear that GW's owner passed away. I hope he finds a good home. Not many people are looking for a 10 year old dog. I suspect his nipping and bathroom habits might have been the result of stress.
ReplyDeleteCheers to you for being a foster family. Is this something you'll do regularly?
GW will certainly miss his best pal, Wayne. Hope his new family will help him through his grief. Thanks for caring for him, Aimee
ReplyDelete